Wednesday, July 10, 2013

La Ciudad de la Eterna Primavera

I have arrived starving, exhausted, and somewhat delirious to Medellín, the erstwhile Pablo Escobar's city.  According to Wikitravel, the city stopped  being a hotbed of drug trafficking and kidnapping and became safe for tourists "since his demise in the mid-1990s."  I can only hope that someday my death too will be referred to as "her demise."

Last night for dinner I had an arepa, which is a flat sort of corn pancake, stuffed with pork, cheese, corn, mushrooms, and bits of chicharron and then grilled over an over fire with loads of butter.  It was amazing and delicious and I couldn't finish it all or I might have had a heart attack.

Otherwise, I'm still currently writing articles for WomanScope News Magazine in Baltimore, and my article on Kyoko Mori, the writer in resident at Goucher College in Towson, is up this month:

http://www.womanscopenewsmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/fine-arts/2013/07/06/culture-kyoko-mori-blending-two-cultures-by-anna-snyder-staff-writer/

Now, to figure out how the Metro works here...

No comments:

Post a Comment